Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Surface

On Monday I discovered Castle Lake. 
The lake was really amazing early in the morning. Mist was rising off the water and the crisp fall air made everything feel more alert.
I decided to hike around the lake but discovered the trail only went half way around. Where it ended I tool this photo and sat for awhile.

Before leaving I noticed that just under the surface of the lake there was a whole tree!  You can barely see it in the photo.  It almost looked like someone threw the whole Christmas tree in the water.  There was no part of it above the surface of the Lake.

This tree below the surface reminds me of some emotions that lay just under the water.  They rest there on the bottom of my heart where no one can see but once in awhile I notice them sitting there underneath.

These are exactly the emotions that need my time and energy.  They need to be raised to the surface and inspected...vented so that He can have access to them.




Looking at the underwater tree I was reminded by Him that all my emotions matter to Him.

Last night I was at a church meeting.  It was a small group that was emotionally charged.  It was just one of those moments when needs are exposed and the church cares. One young man was sharing and explained how he was not feeling "anxious" when clearly, he was feeling anxious.  I thought it was amusing.  I wanted to tell him that it was okay to feel nervous.  He did not need to keep that under the surface.  
And just like that the Father reminded me that He longs to carry all my emotions (especially the underwater ones) with me.  In the revealing of them He leads, guides, comforts, and helps me find my way.

Bring them to the surface...find Him there listening, comforting, and loving you.

2 comments: