Friday, October 11, 2013

Finding Beauty


So here is the story....
Living in Kansas City was amazing. 
However, I grew up amidst the wonder of the Sierra Nevada mountains.  I generally tell people that home is somewhere between Lake Tahoe and Yosemite.  Pretty amazing.
In Kansas City I was hungry for the mountains.  I complained to God all the time.  Tried to tell Him that it would be good to move the Rocky Mountains a little closer...etc.  He did not think that moving the mountains was a good idea.
One day when I was wrestling with Him over the lack of beauty in the Midwest, I sensed Him promise that if I would surrender, He would reveal beauty to me wherever I was.  WOW!
Really?
Yes.  The next retreat I took (thank you Jabez Retreat Center) He woke me up early every morning and I recorded all the beauty I saw with my camera.  
This sunrise was glorious, however the reality that He has created beauty EVERYWHERE and I get to participate in it...well that is even more wonderful!

Where have you seen His beauty?

4 comments:

  1. I like the grass hills in Kansas...if you really look at it its like a grass ocean and the wind moves like the water waves do on an ocean or lake. Bam! The best of both worlds...Oh, and the thunderstorms. I am a Kansas girl at heart with a California background. So, yes Blogging this is a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elektra..I love your perspective! May you always find beauty.

      Delete
    2. I'm pretty sure finding beauty comes with awareness.

      Delete
  2. Yes! And it requires being willing. A bit of contentment opens up our hearts and allows us to see more of where we are. Without that contentment we are always searching for more...greedy and lustful. With a hear of gratitude we can see what IS and the loveliness that exists right in front of us.

    ReplyDelete