Friday, October 11, 2013

Perspective

"Perspective"

I took this photo a few years back in the summer at Manzanita Lake.   Mt. Lassen is a favorite family place to be together and I just happened to catch this perspective of Lassen from behind the dead leaves.

When our little journey was over I looked through the photos and noticed this one.  I kept coming back to it and began to wonder why I was drawn to it?  I guess it is a perspective thing...

The dead leaves are not that impressive but they are in focus.  They are crisp and easy to see.  My eye can grab hold of them and really consider the texture, color and feel of them.  The snow clad mountain is what my eyes really want to see but in the photo I can't quite grasp the image of the snow, rocks and mystery of the mountain.

Unfortunately I find that in my world it is easy and quick to find focus on the dead things around me.  I see poverty and pain...I see death and destruction.  I see endings.  
Just behind the endings and the pain there is the mystery of beauty and wonder.  Hidden in the background just beyond my reach there is something wondrous and mighty.

I guess it is up to me to choose my focus.
What do you see?

No comments:

Post a Comment