Saturday, October 12, 2013

Cling


Both of these were taken on the trail coming down Castle Crags.  It was a day with the Father ...enjoying some silence and solitude.

I started noticing the trees that somehow cling to the mountains.  How they eek out existence on the rocky slopes is beyond me.  Where are their roots?  How do they get enough water?  What keeps them planted in the midst of the wild winter storms?

I thought...I should be like these trees. I should cling to God more.  I should hang in there tighter...be more dedicated...be more tenacious!

I should...

Then I heard the still small voice remind me: "It is I who hangs on to you."

So easy to get lost in "I should...".
Reality is that He holds fast no matter what I should do.  He holds fast when I have not held.
So maybe it is more accurate to think that the rock holds me?

4 comments:

  1. "He holds fast when I have not held."

    Love that Jim! Love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! Here is one I cam across just this afternoon:
    "Don't try to hold God's hand. Let Him hold yours. Let Him do the holding and you do the trusting." H.William Wess-Peploe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! Needed to read this this morning! Thanks for sharing this. Love you brother! - Dennis

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holding On
    What once was close now seems far,
    And you wonder who’s to blame.
    The chasm widens even more
    Increasing your heart’s pain.
    But fret not my dear friend,
    For the solution is close by.
    Not in me but in the One
    Who never leaves your side.
    Although He may seam distant,
    He always hears your prayers.
    When you feel you’re all alone,
    Know that He’s still there.
    When entering His presence,
    Come boldly and believe.
    It doesn’t matter what you feel,
    For it’s your faith that is the key.
    Trust in God to bridge the gap,
    And He will see it through.
    It matters not how strong your grasp,
    Because He’s holding on to you.
    Jon Pike 7/14/2008

    I had to add this because it fit so well. Thanks Jon for sharing!

    ReplyDelete