Friday, November 1, 2013

Finding The Brakes


Two weeks ago my friend Bobby came to visit.  
We planned a few days to camp, hike, and spend time seeking God and enjoying friendship.
Our second day we drove down from Castle Lake and suddenly noticed the golden sun streaming through the trees that were adorned with fall color.
The amazing gold and yellow stunned us and I had to stop the car to take this photo.
So many times I don't stop the car.  I see a sunset and just keep driving.  I notice something in a moment and am to busy to capture it.

Today I was reminded that this is also how I relate to God's presence.  While He is with me all the time and I believe He is always working to reveal Himself to me I don't always stop the car and grab the camera.  I get too busy...too many demands and too much to run off and do.
His glory and His presence are all around us all the time.  Sometimes we need to apply the brakes, find room on the shoulder, grab the camera and enjoy.
May you find the brakes, may you not miss the glory and the Presence.

No comments:

Post a Comment