Friday, November 8, 2013

TRUST

I know…I know.  Not the topic of trust again!
It is one of those that we all have to return to again and again…and again.  Sigh.

I was challenged this week by something I read.  Thank you Madame Guyon!
It was about how our soul has a natural hunger for God.  A God placed desire for intimacy with Him.  She suggested that if we surrender to that hunger, our souls will be like the water that falls on a mountain and subsequently finds its way down…down…down..and eventually to the ocean.
This inspired me.
It gave me more hope.
I hunger for God.   I long to walk with Him…to know Him…to be touched by Him and when I die, I hope people will say this one thing, "Jim really walked with God.  He really KNEW Him."
Too often I find myself drowning in my hunger for God.  Honestly allowing the hunger to drive me to work harder…DO more…read more…pray more…and simply drive myself more towards Him.  Most of the time this can be helpful but sometimes (like this week) I need to be reminded that in His great love for me (and His great wisdom) He gave me a hunger that flows down towards Him just like water flows towards the ocean.
I work to know Him and that is good.  More than that…He has done the work by giving me a longing that can't be filled anywhere else.  A longing that keeps drawing me into the depths of who He is.
If I can trust Him…He will lead me into the depths of intimacy with Him because it is what He designed for me.  TRUST.
Not only His work…but trust His work in my life.  Trust that in my own life He has created me to flow downstream to the depths.
Trust…gravity was His idea and His creation.
I will cooperate and I will DO all that needs to be done but ultimately gravity will have its way.  Ultimately I get to trust.

No comments:

Post a Comment